Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sticks and Stuff

So this is a simple post, but I thought it was fun anyway.

I apologize in advance for my lack of "before" pictures. I am stinkin' impatient and usually forget to take pictures before I dive into a project. I will try to do better, but for now you will have to close your eyes and imagine the hideousness of the "befores".

I wanted to share with you another Christmas clearance find from last year. I get just plain giddy when everything starts going 75% then 90% off. I just happened to be in Micheal's at just such a time last year when I spotted this beauty. It was normally $99. Way too much, but again that is why we have clearance. It was marked down 75% off making it now, $24.75. Still kinda high, but here comes the kicker...it was the last one and happened to be the display model. Lovin' it! It also conveniently had a broken twig (all the more natural looking, I say) so they marked it down $15 more dollars, bringing my lovely grand total to $9.75 plus tax.

Now, it did take some small modifications. A simple can of 97 cent matte black spray paint (I always keep this on hand) to cover the gold urn and some peat moss left from another project to cover where I pulled the pine sprigs out of the Styrofoam core and WA-LA (you love that spelling, don't ya?) I have a decoration for my front porch that looks great all year round.

And I just love it lit up. It is fun to plug it when we are expecting guests, so let me know when you are coming and I will plug her in for ya!



2 comments:

Woodard Gang said...

I love it!! I want to get something that pretty but at that amazing price! Can't wait to see more stuff ;o)

Ashlie said...

Oh, I do love a great deal! I say black spray paint is like a little black dress...always in good taste and suitable for every occasion!