Monday, December 15, 2008

New Table and Gates

So, I have been wanting to show you my new dining room table for awhile now but it took much longer than I thought to sell my old one.

For the past few months I have had two 60" round dining room tables in my dining room. Luckily, my old table found a new home just in time for me to put my tree up...because there was no room in the Byrd Inn before.

Both the table and the gates were Craig's list finds...actually from the same seller.

Here is the new table in its proper place. I think it is a perfect fit for this space and our home.


This is the top. It is wide planked pine and is stained a brown-black. I love that it looks rustic and well used. The only thing I did to the top was add several layered of polyurethane to protect the look.

Here is the base. It is wrought iron and extremely heavy. It was white when I got it so I used some left over house paint and some antiquing glaze to customize it for this room.

These are the gates I got from the same seller. For $35 for the pair, I knew I had to find a place for these in my house. It is hard to see them in the pictures but they are so pretty in person. They are also wrought iron. You can tell that they are quite old too. They are hung on hinges so they actually close.

Here they are closed.

Thanks for letting me share our home with you!

1 comment:

Woodard Gang said...

Cute, cute, cute table!! I'm so glad you finally got your tree up :o)