Monday, December 15, 2008

Handmade Fun

I had the privilege this year of being invited to my friend Ashley's handmade ornament party. It was a blast and we all came away with such cute ornaments.

The idea is that we each make one ornament for everyone (and of course one for ourselves). So at the end of the night we all had 7 distinct ornaments.

Since my living room tree is leopard themed (I will post on my Christmas decorations later today), I decided to use a small entryway sized tree in my family room for my handmade treasures.

Here they are all hanging on my tree:


But I thought you guys would enjoy seeing them up-close, too.

So here they are:This one is a wooden stocking cutout decoupaged with zebra print tissue paper with a fun black fur trim. You can't tell from this pic but is is topped off with a red and white merry Christmas ribbon as it's hanger.

This one was so cool. It is a Styrofoam ball covered with multiple layers of green paisley patterned fabric and decoupage. It is topped with a silky pink bow and a sweet faith embellishment. Ann made these all different to go with our home decor. What a unique idea.


This one is a glass ornament with iridescent strips of plastic inside and adorable hand painted candy pieces adorn the outside. It is topped with lacy red ribbon. I love how this one came packaged. It came in a matching bag with little pieces of matching candy inside with the ornament.

This was Ashley's ornament. It is an over sized tag with red ticking paper. It is embellished with an extra cute and glittering "joy" square. I got to pick mine out...so off course I picked the one with branches and requested a bird be added, gotta love it! It is hard to see in the picture but the top of the tag has a beautiful jewel where the tag meets the ribbon hanger.

How stinkin' cute is this one. A lime green background with green eye lash trim frame out a red matt and a multi-shaded poinsetta. I must admit that the kid in the pic is not mine...opps, haven't gotten to the store to get a picture printed.

This is one of my favorites. It is a small decorative wooden decal painted black and then ditressed around the edges. Sylvia drilled a small hole in the top and threaded a super cute ribbon hanger through.

This one is a bonus ornament. Ashley was gonna do these for her ornament but changed her mind. I asked if I could have the sample (never hurts to ask). Yeah! I love it!

Okay, so last but no least is my ornament that I brought to the party. I got the idea for the stockings from a high end design magazine. I had made big ones for my family (check out my pics of my house in a later post) a few years ago. I just modified the size and fabrics for my ornament. I embroidered everyone's last initial on their stocking, too. They were fun to make...and give.

Thanks for having such a great party Ashley...I can hardly wait until next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog

War Of The Fire ©

Woodard Gang said...

Thanks for posting all the pics from the party!! You did a great blog on it :o)