Saturday, October 8, 2011

CALLED

As I sit here in our office typing I have a great view of downtown Beverly, MA.
I am listening to cars pass by and neighbors bantering back and forth without the use of "r"s.
I can see the corner of the building we worship in each Sunday (the downtown YMCA) and I feel the briskness of the air in our home as we usher in Fall.
I also see a statue of Mary directly across the street which is beside the convent where a group of nuns live that teach in the neighboring Catholic school.
I am watching one of the 7 college boys that live in the other side of our house climb on his motorcycle.
The bells of three old churches just rang out simultaneously as they announced that it is 5 o'clock.

I laugh to myself at how absurd this whole scene would have seemed to me even six months ago and yet tear up thinking that we are exactly where we are supposed to be.
I am so humbled to be a part of all that God is doing here and in me.
He is transforming me in His grace
and
pushing me to trust Him more than I ever thought I could.
Sometimes I find myself asking,

"Why me?"

The task is OVERWHELMING.
After all,
I have SO far to go.
I am SO messed up.
I am A LOT of work.

And yet He gently calls me to watch Him work and move and fix.

Thank you, Lord for calling and purpose.
Help me to have the faith and endurance to listen and learn.


2 comments:

Tara Byrd said...

Pictures of our apartment will be posted very soon.

IndiasMom said...

I'm glad to see you Blogging again! I have not been blogging that well, but have enjoyed others blogs. I am going to get back into the swing of it soon.

Love ya, and hope you are doing well!!